Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thrifting

Just back from the thrift shop. The Salvation Army, which is my favorite because they don't charge tax. I went looking for a mans shirt to refashion (found) and a pair of summer pants to turn into sailor pants (not found). The problem with the thrift shop is that there is always something else to find. Often I go looking for clothing to refashion and find that even at thrift store prices, it is cheaper (and easier) to buy clothing ready made. I don't know that this will change until our friends in the third world demand fair wages.. but that is a discussion for a whole other day....

Here are my finds for today:




The pants I did not absolutely love but I was intrigued by the tag (mountains of the moon eco-friendly fabrics). I found them here and they've got a great selection of simple but elegant clothing in all kinds of natural fabrics.  My 6.50 was a steal - even with a small stain; right around the knee could be a perfect place for a fun applique.

Now - I'm off to pick apart the shirt for a refashion. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment